Friday, August 30, 2013

My Annual Weather-Complaint Post






Eighty percent of the time, Southern California has amazing weather.  Mild winters, lovely springs, pleasantly-warm autumns.  Then Satan comes to visit for two months and requests the temperatures be adjusted to match his normal residence. I know, August is almost over, but the heat is just starting to get intense.  We'll have insane temperatures through September.  


Yesterday it was 102°, which is normal for this time of year.  The problem was that it also rained during the hottest part of the day, leaving the rest of the afternoon a sticky mess.  It's been like that most of the week, and it has sucked all the energy, along with the will to live, straight out of me.  The only thing I could rally myself to do yesterday (other than complain) was to make some lime-mint sugar scrub for a friend's birthday gift.  I usually screw things up on the first go around, and this time was no different.  I added too much lime juice and instead of a scrub it was lime-mint syrup.  But this time I could take advantage of my mishap and use the first draft in iced tea.  (Well, I haven't used it in there yet, since I didn't have any energy to make iced tea, but it will happen.)  I didn't even have energy enough to take a final picture of the scrub in a cute little mason jar with the lid decorated, but trust, it was really cute.  

One nice thing about these temperatures is that we can wash the dogs outside and not even think about worrying if they'll get cold.  It makes it much easier than wrestling them into a bathtub.  


Not that they hated it any less.



Can you see those pleading eyes?
 


Coco wouldn't even get in the tub.  


But my baby boy Blue was the most tolerant.  He's such a sweetheart.


And of course, they all promptly went and rolled in the dirt afterword.


Alright, I'm off to hibernate until October.


No comments: