Friday, October 11, 2013

Day of the Brother




Today is my baby brother's birthday.  I always add the "baby" because everyone thinks he's older than I am.  It probably has something to do with the fact that he's about a foot taller than I am, has a much deeper voice, and is infinitely more mature than I'll ever be.

He's such a mellow guy, totally balances me out.  The sky could be crashing down around us and I'd be running around in circles screaming, meanwhile Ben would be calmly looking about for a helmet to protect his crazy sister's mushy brains.

I don't see him nearly often enough, and I miss him a lot.  But whenever we get together we pick up right where we left off and it's like no time has passed.  He's known me longer than anyone else, and yet still doesn't mind hanging out with me.  I sure am lucky to have him.

As a funny side note, his wife just posted this on Facebook the other day:

watching Benjamin play GTA is unreal. he stops at red lights, drives the speed limit, plays the radio at a reasonable volume, and refuses to punch hookers.


That sounds about right.

Happy Birthday Baby Brother!!


No comments: