Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Thank God That's Over With



Buh-bye 2013.  Don't let the door hit your a** on the way out.  


Would you believe the holiday season was relatively drama free?  I can hardly believe it myself.  2013 definitely went out more quietly than it came in, and I was beyond happy about that.

Last year I made no resolutions, no "one word" promises about the year, except perhaps to SURVIVE.  And amazingly, I did.  It was one of the toughest years yet, but I still managed to take in breath each day, keep my heart pumping, and my body and mind (fairly) intact.  Considering all the complications the year brought, surviving was a feat in and of itself.

I'm still not going to make any resolutions this year, and I'm still not really sure what I'm going to do here on the blog, if I'm even going to post anymore, but I will say that I'm feeling a lot better than I have in a while.  Oh yeah, depression still knocks on the door at a regular basis, and there is still stress and many, many complicated situations, but I'm really trying to focus on being content.  And I've been getting better at that.

Slowly, slowly, oh so slowly, I'm starting to peek my head out from under the covers and trying to work on living rather than simply surviving.  And it's hard, believe me.  There are so many days when I want to dive back under the layers I've built around myself and simply hunker down and wait out life.  But that's not a very fulfilling way to live, if you can even call it that.   So I'm trying to send out some tender shoots above ground, testing gently.  Growing slowly.

Who knows?  2014 might be a year to smile about this time next year.




One thing I can smile about?  The fact that I'm sitting in 75° temps unlike the rest of the country.  Below, Coco is demonstrating one of her favorite "winter" activities.  She love to push out the straw that we use insulate the dog house, and instead lay on it in the sunshine.  The snowflakes are just for effect.

No comments: